Crispy Baked Chicken Wings – The most amazing oven baked chicken wings recipe! These chicken wings come out crispy on the outside and amazingly tender and juicy on the inside. Baked chicken wings are so easy to make with only a few ingredients and one pan!
It’s an incredibly easy process that takes only a few minutes of preparation and the wings bake up to crispy tender perfection on a baking rack.
In our home, chicken makes a regular appearance on the dinner table. Baked chicken breast, chicken coconut curry, fried chicken … the list goes on.
Baked Chicken wings are a delicious and very simple main dish to whip together.
Not only do these chicken wings have perfectly crispy skin but they also have extra juicy meat! They are perfect served alongside potato fries or even mashed potatoes.
Things you need for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings
- Black pepper
- Baking powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried rosemary (or Italian mixed herbs)
Baking Crispy Chicken Wings
This baked chicken wings recipe is simple to whip up right before cooking since marination isn’t necessary.
- Basically, mix all spices together in a large bowl; add the chicken wings making sure to coat each piece.
- Place the wings on a rack placed over a baking sheet and bake in a 400° F (approx. 200°C) oven for 25 minutes. Flip the chicken wings and cook for another 20 minutes; total of 45 minutes.
You can skip all the turning and flipping of the chicken if you’d like, but I think it cooks more evenly, helping to avoid one side being too dry.
Tips for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Pat the wings dry with paper towel before seasoning. The moisture on the chicken wings might prevent the seasoning from coating really well on the meat.
Add Baking Powder to your spice mix. When baking powder is mixed with salt and coated on chicken it dries out the skin, leaving it crisp and crunchy.
Bake the chicken wings at 400°F (approx. 200°C) for 40 to 45 minutes. Flip halfway though for even cooking and bake until the juices run clear and there is no more pink meat. If unsure, use a meat thermometer to check. The safe cooking temperature for chicken is 165°C (Approx. 75°C).
Use a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil and add a rack on top. The chicken will produce natural juices and you don’t want those dripping into your oven. Also, for easy clean up after you meal
Storing cooked wings
Refrigerate baked wings for three to four days. Make sure the temperature of your refrigerator is set to 40˚F (approx. 4.5°C) or colder.
To Freeze baked chicken wings, place them in a large, freezer safe container. Seal tightly, and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To re-heat, let the wings thaw in the refrigerator. Once thawed, place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (Approx 200˚C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
I hope you guys enjoy this simple baked chicken wings recipe as much as my family does!
Other Chicken Recipes you might like:
Baked Chicken Wings
- 1 kg chicken wings (approx. 2 pounds)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (approx. 200°C)
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and top with a baking rack.
- Coat the baking rack with olive oil and set aside. (This will prevent the chicken from sticking to the wire rack)
- Pat-dry the chicken wings thoroughly till well dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices well and sprinkle all over the chicken wings. Mix very well and make sure all the wings are thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake chicken wings in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Flip all the wings and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest the chicken wings for about 5 minutes for the natural juices to be redistributed.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Pat the wings dry with paper towel before seasoning.
- Add Baking Powder to your spice mix. Baking powder mixed with salt and coated on chicken dries out the skin, leaving it crisp and crunchy.
- Bake the chicken wings at 400°F (approx. 200°C) for 40 to 45 minutes. Flip halfway though for even cooking and bake until the juices run clear and there is no more pink meat.
- Use a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and add a rack on top. The chicken will produce natural juices and you don’t want those dripping into your oven.
- Refrigerate leftover baked wings for three to four days. Make sure the temperature of your refrigerator is set to 40˚F (approx. 4.5°C) or colder to stay out of the danger zone.
- To Freeze baked chicken wings, place them in a large, freezer safe container. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To re-heat, let the wings thaw in the refrigerator. Once thawed, place on a baking sheet and heat at 400˚F (approx 200°C) for 10 minutes or until heated through.
If you love this chicken wings recipe, leave me a comment and STAR rating and share your thoughts. I would love to hear from you 🙂