This Banana Cinnamon Green smoothie is the perfect one for you incase you are in the quest for a perfect breakfast smoothie.¬† It is my go-to smoothie, and I never get tired of drinking it.
Don’t be intimidated by the green color because the fact is that you don’t taste the greens in this smoothie.¬† My days are never complete without a big mason jar of this smoothie.¬† I have it any time of the day that I please.
Easy, creamy and delicious smoothie Recipe
This banana cinnamon green smoothie is sweet and creamy with a slight tanginess from the fresh lemon juice.¬† It¬†is so filling; you can easily replace a meal with it.¬† Drink it for breakfast, lunch or supper.¬† Do whatever tickles your fancy.
Smoothies make it easy to consume a large number of greens, and the good thing is that you don’t even taste them.¬† So before you grab your blender and start your smoothie routine, let’s talk about some of the benefits.
What are the Benefits of this Green Smoothie?
Green smoothies are very healthy because they improve your energy levels, digestion, and skin health. They also aid in weight loss and even reduce cravings for sweets.¬† On top of that, this banana cinnamon green smoothie has positive effects on blood sugar levels due to the cinnamon.
Also, it reduces the inflammation levels due to the properties in ginger.¬† Additionally, it has cleansing properties due to the addition of lemons and as a result, aid in the detoxification process.
How to Make this Banana Cinnamon Green Smoothie.
Making this smoothie, like any other smoothie is simple.¬† I add my water in the blender followed by my vegetables and fruits. Finally, I blend for about 2 minutes.¬† I never forget to add ginger, a dash of cinnamon powder and a generous splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- If you like, substitute water with coconut water.
- Use frozen fruits and vegetables if that is what you have available.
- If your blender small, reduce the quantity of each ingredient or blend in batches.
- Also, the blending time will differ depending on how strong your blender is.
- Substitute the Mangoes in this smoothie with pineapples if you wish.
- Most importantly, serve this banana cinnamon green smoothie immediately for best results.
Banana Cinnamon Green Smoothie
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (or fresh)
- 1 handful of young spinach
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250 ml water
- Add the water and lemon juice in a blender, followed by the spinach.
- After that, add the bananas, mangoes, ginger and cinnamon powder.
- Finally, cover the blender and blend the ingredient for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Alternatively, if your blender is small, reduce the quantity of each ingredient or blend in batches.
- Also, the blending time will differ depending on how¬†strong your mixer is.
- Substitute the Mangoes in this smoothie with pineapples.
- Most importantly, serve this smoothie¬†fresh for best results.
What do you think about this recipe?¬† Leave me a comment and
STAR ratings.¬† I would love to hear from you ūüôā
If you love this recipe, you might also like the Immune Boosting Drink here on my blog.